Get your smile back after tooth loss with dental implants.
It may feel as if there is nothing worse than losing a tooth as an adult. Of course, after tooth loss your main goal should be replacing that tooth to improve your oral health. Luckily, in this day and age there are some amazing tooth replacement options like dental implants that both function and feel like real teeth. Whether you are missing one or all of your teeth, our Mt. Pleasant, MI, dentist Dr. Keith Bever, Jr. can help you restore your smile with implants.
How Dental Implants Work
An implant is a small metal post that is placed into the jawbone to take the place of the roots of your missing tooth. Implants have provided adults with a permanent tooth replacement that is as close to real teeth as you can get. An implant consists of three parts:
A titanium screw or post: this is the part that is placed into the jawbone
An abutment: a structure that connects the implant with the false tooth
False tooth: a crown that is cemented into place over the abutment
The Benefits of Dental Implants
It can be a relief to hear that most adults dealing with tooth loss are often great candidates for dental implants. Of course, to determine your candidacy, our Mt. Pleasant, MI, restorative dentist will need to thoroughly examine your teeth and gums and take x-rays to make sure your jawbone is strong enough to support the dental implant. Implants offer some amazing benefits including:
- An artificial tooth that completely restores chewing and full jaw function, making it easy to eat all the foods you love and to speak properly without issues
- A success rate of up to 98 percent, which means that with the proper care your dental implants could be a permanent tooth replacement for the rest of your life
- Supporting the facial muscles to prevent sagging skin and premature wrinkles
- Filling gaps to prevent the rest of your teeth from shifting out of alignment
- Preserving the natural jawbone by stimulating the bone to produce healthy new cells in the same way as real tooth roots to prevent bone deterioration
- Improved appearance and a major boost in confidence
- Enhanced personal and romantic life (you may even notice a boost in your work performance due to your renewed confidence)
If you are looking for a dentist in Mt. Pleasant, MI, that can provide you with the restorative dentistry you need after tooth loss then turn to Dr. Bever and his team for help. Call (989) 773-9793 to schedule a no-risk consultation.