How the right denture from your dentist in Mt. Pleasant, MI, can give you a great smile
If you are missing teeth, or been told you need a denture, don’t worry! Today’s dentures are made of life-like materials and can give you a great smile. Dr. Keith Bever Jr. in Mt. Pleasant, MI, offers a wide range of dental services including dentures to give you back your smile.
You want a denture that looks natural, and fits well. You want to feel confident, knowing your denture will stay put when you eat or speak. You also want your denture to enhance your appearance, because a great smile is a big part of who you are.
Dentures help enhance your face by restoring your full, youthful facial contours. Dentures also help you speak clearly, and one of the most important functions of a denture is to restore your full chewing ability. When you can chew thoroughly, it helps your digestion, which is important to your overall health.
If you need to replace an entire arch of teeth, either upper or lower, you need a full denture. Consider:
- An implant-supported denture, which is snapped in place over dental implants; these dentures look natural and are very stable because they are supported by the dental implants. They also help to maintain your supporting bone.
- An immediate denture, which is placed right after your teeth are removed; these dentures have the advantage of you never having to go without teeth. After your tissue has healed, a conventional denture will be made for you.
- A conventional denture, which is created and placed after your tissue has healed completely, at around 6 to 8 weeks; conventional dentures have the advantage of you only having to get used to wearing one denture.
If you are missing a few teeth but not an entire arch, you need a partial denture. You can consider:
- A transitional partial denture, if you are planning on having dental implants placed
- A conventional partial denture, if you want permanent tooth replacement and are not considering dental implants
The right denture can help you enjoy the foods you love, and help you look great. To find out more about types of dentures and how they can help you, call Dr. Keith Bever Jr. in Mt. Pleasant, MI, today!